Just a place to write down thoughts on all the books and stories I read, and perhaps show excerpts and drawings from the stories I create.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
What I do for a living.
So, I work for Osmosis and do lots of fun things as their designer.
Let me back up and explain what Osmosis is. Osmosis is a web and mobile platform that helps medical students not only learn information but retain information longer. The animated picture above is a collection of screen captures of my own scoreboard, which is a visual representation of all the review questions and how they have been answered. The gray color is how the scoreboard starts when you have a bunch of new questions. If you get a question wrong it turns a slice of the scoreboard red, and if you get it right, you get green. The cool part about this app is that you can also rate your confidence, so the brighter the colors, the higher your confidence.
This is an animation I made, showing the change in my accuracy and confidence for a bunch of medical school questions that I sit and answer constantly in order to debug the app. I'm seriously thinking about applying to med school now.... the explanations for each of the questions were really helpful! I get to start designing and testing the web platform soon, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot testing all the videos and uploads we have to go through.
If this designer can't help but learn things, then think of how useful it will be for medical students who are actually /trying/ to learn this stuff!
Anyway, I'm sorry this isn't a book, but it does have to do with education.
Besides, it looks cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment